Poker Sites with Android Poker Apps
The Android operating system is wildly popular, and growing at a fast rate. It hit 100 million activations by the end of 2016. That increased 300% in 2017 with over 400 million devices being activated. Poker sites are now starting to take notice of the popularity of mobile platforms in general, and as a result, are creating apps and downloads of their software specifically for Android phone and tablet users.
Due to the overwhelming popularity in mobile devices, online poker sites are working around the clock to create safe mobile apps for players to play real money poker from their home, work and anywhere where WiFi is available.
4 Steps to Playing Online Poker With Android Device
Going from nothing to the start of your first poker hand on your Android tablet or phone is simple. Here are the 4 steps you need to take to get started.
1. Read Reviews of Android Poker Sites
The first thing I recommend doing is reading our reviews. Our reviews cover the important things you need to know to compare and choose the right online poker site. Things like…
- Reputation – Does the poker site have a positive history of happy customers, paying players, a secure platform and fair games? The longer the site has been in business, the better, too.
- Americans – Simple stuff here. Does the poker site accept American players?
- Games – Can you play a variety of games, variations and stakes?
- Deposit Options – How many deposit options are there? Are there fees? Are withdrawals handled in a timely manner?
- Promotions – Are there deposit and reload bonuses for new and existing players? Sometimes there are bonuses specifically for mobile players.
We find the best Android poker apps and do all this research for you. All you need to do is read each review to find the site that appeals to you the most.
2. Sign Up to an Android Poker Site
Once you find a site the next step is to sign up. This is an easy process.
What you need to do is use the links on our page, visit the site and click on the create an account link. I recommend doing this before you download the app (if possible) while on your computer. There are (usually) quite a few fields to fill in, which will be easier to do using a keyboard.
3. Download the Android Poker App
Most real money Android poker sites will have an app. You need to visit their mobile only page to figure out where to get it. Sometimes you’ll download it from the page, and (most) other times the app will be located in the Android store. Once you find the app simply download it to your phone or tablet.
If you’re interested in a site that does not have an Android app, you may also be able to play from your browser (if available).
Other sites, usually casinos, will send specific games to your phone instead. They’ll ask for your number, country and game you want to play, and then they’ll send a download link or the game right to your device.
Regardless of the method, it should take only a few minutes to get the game loaded to your Android device.
4. Make a Real Money Deposit
Once you have your account created you’ll want to make a deposit. If you did your homework ahead of time you should have a few banking options to choose from. Pick your deposit method and fill out your details.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to make a deposit from your phone. Many poker sites don’t let you as a security precaution. So keep that in mind if you’re on the road trying to get your account setup.
And that’s all there is to setting up real money poker on your Android tablet or phone.
Tips for Playing Poker From Your Android Phone / Tablet
If you’ve never played poker on your phone or tablet before then here are some tips to get you started on the right foot.
- Practice with play money first. Since the screen is small it is very easy to make mistakes. You don’t want to accidently play or fold the wrong hand, nor do you want to bet the wrong amount.
- People lose or have their cell phones stolen often. So I recommend changing your password frequently.
- Use a password (lock) on your phone. Many phones let you place a password on your phone to prevent unauthorized users from being able to use your phone.
- Turn auto top-off off. In case you need to stop playing, make a mistake or whatever, you don’t want to automatically reload your stack (for cash games).
- If the poker site provides fractional or percentage based bet buttons, I recommend using those over sliders. They’re easier and quicker to use, and it’s less likely you’ll make a mistake.
Following these tips will make sure your first mobile poker experience is a good one.