Black Chip Poker Review
- WPN: 2nd Largest US Poker Community
- The Beast: A Weekly Progressive Jackpot
- Sit & Crush Promo: Weekly Sit & Go Progressive
Black Chip Poker is part of the Winning Poker Network making it one of the largest online poker sites for US players. The poker room has been in operation for more than 5 years providing players with excellent support, a variety of cash games and guarantees in addition to smooth payouts. The site is legally licensed in Costa Rica and accept all US players except for those residing in Nevada, Delaware & Washington State.
How Tough is the Competition at Black Chip Poker?
The competition at Black Chip Poker is among the easiest in the US gaming market. Black Chip Poker provides sports betting and casino gaming to its members, which assures that a large percentage of the gamblers at the Texas Hold’em tables are casual players. The fishiness goes beyond that, though.
Black Chip Poker is a part of the Winning Poker Network, a large US-friendly network associated with Bookmaker, Heritage Sports, and America’s Cardroom. Black Chip Poker also has a sportsbook, including halftime lines, exotic teasers, prop bets, and parlays. Sports bettors wander into the poker room, which provides a steady stream of weak players.
Deposits and Cashouts and Black Chip Poker
- Deposits: Bitcoin, Verified by Visa, Visa, MasterCard, MoneyGram, NETELLER, Ria Money Transfer, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, ecoPayz, EntroPay, Player to Player Fund Transfers, Bank Wire Transfer, and Western Union.
- Cashouts: Bitcoin ($50-$10,000), eWallet ($50 minimum), Checks ($100-$1500), Money Transfers. Black Chip allows 1 Bitcoin payout per day up to 5 per week. Money transfers might take up to 15 business days.
- Fees: Most payout methods are free. Players receive one free check payout per month, but a $65 fee is charged for a second payout in a 30-day period. The stop payment fee for a check is $250.
- Security: 128-bit data encryption protects players with the latest in security technology.
- Contact: CASHOUTS@BLACKCHIPPOKER.EU
How Valuable are the Promotions and Bonuses at Black Chip Poker?
The promotions at Black Chip Poker are the most valuable you’ll find among the selection of US real money poker sites. While you won’t find every promotion to your liking, the sheer number of Black Chip promotions means you’ll find a lot of value. Browse the list of ongoing promotions at Black Chip Poker for a preview of what you’ll find. I’ve included a brief description of each.
- $1000 Poker Bonus: First deposit bonus matched at 100%
- 200% Crypto-Currency Bonus: Receive twice the bonus when using Bitcoin.
- Million Dollar Sunday Tourneys: A guaranteed prize pool with extra Million Dollar Tournaments added some months.
- Sit & Go 2.0: Players overturn cards to receive bonus prizes in sit-&-go events.
- The Cage Live: Enter to win an all-expense paid trip to the Cage event in Taormina Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica — a $8,000 prize package.
- Jackpot Poker: With jackpot prizes between 2x to 2500x the buy-in. You could win $100,000 in a matter of minutes.
- Sit & Crush: The world’s first ever weekly Sit & Go progressive contest.
- $250 New Depositors Freeroll: Each Saturday for new depositors.
- The Beast: A weekly progressive jackpot fed by entry into any cash game table.
- The 7-Day No Rathole Tables Feature: If you cash out for $1000, you must buy-in again with at least $1000.
- The Cage: The Cage is a $1,000+50 buy-in with a 5-hour timer. Whenever 5 hours are up, your chip stack is converted to cash. 6 Max Tables. Cage satellites are available.
- Freerolls on Demand: $10 Freerolls on Demand are like multi-table Sit & Go tourneys. They start as soon as 270 players sign up for an event.
- PLO Sunday Special: The Pot Limit Omaha Sunday Special has a $215 buy-in, a 10,000-chip starting stack, and a guaranteed $35,000 prize pool.
How Valuable is the Rewards Program?
Elite Benefits, the rewards program at Black Chip Poker, is comparable to other top US-friendly online poker rewards clubs. Elite Benefits has six levels: Player, Rounder, Grinder, Veteran, Legend, and Icon. You earn both Benefits Points (BPs) and Players Points (PPs). For every $1.00 in tournament fees paid, you receive 5.5 Benefit Points (BPs). Player points are determined by your Elite Benefits level.
Other Products at Black Chip Poker
- Software: Winning Poker Network, IG Soft Inc. If you’ve played poker at Bookmaker Poker within the last year or America’s Cardroom within the last several years, you’ll be familiar with Black Chip Poker’s software.
- Mobile Options: None at present. A BlackChip Poker Android app is supposed to be in the works.
- Operating System Compatibility: Black Chip Poker supports all Windows operating systems from Windows 7 and later. Black Chip Poker does not support Mac operating systems at the moment. The minimum graphics settings needed is 800×600, though screen settings of 1024×768 or higher is recommended.
Black Chip Poker Network & License Information
BlackChip Poker has been on the Winning Poker Network since 2012. The Winning Poker Network is the second-largest online card playing community in the United States gaming market. That means bigger tournament fields and bigger guaranteed jackpots. Black Chip Poker is licensed in Costa Rica.
How Compatible is the Software?
Microsoft Windows is favored at Black Chip Poker. Windows 7 or later is supported. Mac users cannot use the poker download, so you would have to use emulation software like Boot Camp, Wine AppDB, or virtual machines.
No Android or IOS app is available for BlackChip Poker, which is disappointing. Black Chip said it has plans for Android support in the near future and, presumably, iPhone and iPad support would not be far behind. Stay tuned.
Main Software Features
- Game Replayer
- In-Client Sports Betting
- In-Client Casino Games
- Jackpot Poker
- Raise Methodology
- CAP Tables
- Spin to Get IN
- Double or Nothing
- Six Plus Holdem: No Limit
- The Railbird
- Buck Hunt
- The Maximizer
- Preferred Seating
Are 3rd Party Programs Supported?
- Hand Trackers / HUDs: Yes. Holdem Indicator.
- Data Mining: No.
- Auto-Hotkey Programs: Yes.
How to Download Black Chip Poker to Your Computer
Downloading BlackChip Poker is easy to do. Click on the prompts in the setup wizard and you’ll be able to download and install the full poker client within minutes. To download BlackChip Poker to your computer, follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Download Poker Client: Click on the big red “Download” button on the top right side of any page on Black Chip Poker. This should download an executable file to your Downloads page.
- Click to Install: Click on the Downloads page of your File Explorer. Once there, find the Black Chip Poker download icon. Double-click on this icon to begin installation.
- Installation Process: Follow the prompts to install the software. You’ll be asked if you trust the software publisher and want the installer to rewrite files on your hard drive. This is safe, so click “Yes”. Remember to click “Finish” to end installation.
- Black Chip Poker Lobby: Black Chip Poker’s gaming interface should open. You’ll see categories like Hold’em, Stud, Jackpots, Tourney, Sit & Go, Casino, and Sports. Click on these to bet on the games you prefer.
Black Chip Poker on the Go
Black Chip Poker does not have a mobile component for card players on the go at present, but an Android poker app is supposed to be in the works. When a Black Chip Poker Android app appears, you can expect a Black Chip Poker iPhone app to follow closely behind. For now, you’ll need to play on your desktop or laptop through a poker download.Play now at Black Chip Poker